Monday, March 31, 2014

monthly favs: march 2013

Lovely blouse (from TJ Maxx) for work but fits so great I can't wait to wear it around for casual Spring days

March has been quite the month for me.  I moved out and moved several states away from the place I have lived for near 12 years.  While it still hasn't completely sunk in I feel a lot more settled now than I did last week.

Keep reading to see some of the little things that have been making the big changes just a little bit easier.


While in Boston we came across the Newbury Comic Shop where I found a large supply of Out of Print merchandise.  I couldn't help but get myself this Clockwork Orange sweatshirt.  I swear, the sweatshirts from this website are the most comfortable I have ever owned.  Since I am between jobs right now I am really taking advantage of all my lazy, cozy, clothes so graphic sweatshirts like this are easy to pair with skinnies and some accessories for something different from standard leggings and hoodies.


Another fun, casual, piece I have added to my wardrobe is this little bracelet from Madewell.  I bought this during my last trip to the King of Prussia mall.  It is really cute and so easy to layer.  And on its own it is just light and classic enough for future Spring outfits.


Now the thing I have really been loving has been all of the new bath products I have found in my possession.  Like I have mentioned earlier in my Farewell Dinner post I was given a bunch of amazing gifts including this wonderful sea-inspired box from Lush.  I am saving most of the items (shampoo, soap, sea spray) until it gets  a bit warmer but I did break open the Ocean Salt scrub which smells and feels amazing.


Last on my list is my recent discovery of Soap & Glory products.  Whenever I went out with Katherine I would always steal her hand cream, eventually I decided to just cough up the $5 and buy my own.  At the same time I decided to splurge (a whole extra $5) to try out The Righteous Butter body moisturizer.  I have mentioned before that I have always had an issue with dry skin, especially on my legs so I am always willing to try new products.  Since I knew the hand lotion works I felt it would be safe to try the moisturizer, and I was right.  It is super light, not greasy and leaves my skin feeling great.  I went back soon after and bought the lip moisturizer (the peach scented one) and I am quite happy with that as well.  It is always great finding new products that you know work well.  Little victories like that always make the bigger life changes all the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment