Saturday, April 19, 2014

food: easter m&m cookies


This past week several family members have sent us some festive candies for the Easter holiday.  Feeling the urge to bake, but not really wanting to just add more to the "need to eat" pile, I decided to try and use some of the candy in a cookie.  M&M cookies have always been a favorite of mine, and I now had a large bag to use so that one seemed perfect.



I found the original recipe here but deviated enough that I will just write what I ended up doing instead.

Ingredients:
-1 cup sugar
-1 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- about 1 1/2 cup chopped M&Ms
- whole M&Ms for top


First you cream the butter and sugars together.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla then add all of the dry ingredients.  When it came to the M&Ms the original recipe never gave a set amount so I added and mixed until it looked about right.  I am not a huge fan of having too many pieces in my cookies so I really went for minimum candy in the dough.


Roll the dough into about 1" balls and place on baking sheet.  Press desired amount of whole candies into top of cookie dough balls (I placed about 4 pieces per each cookie).  Bake in 350 Degree oven for 8-9 minutes.


The final product was chewy and delicious and the pastel colors of the M&Ms makes them extra nice for the Spring holiday.  I plan on bringing them over to a family Easter dinner.  Hopefully everyone else enjoys them as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment