Wednesday, April 30, 2014

monthly favs: april 2014


While I love a cup of hot tea or hot chocolate on a cold winter night there is something even better about having one on a brisk Spring morning.  While at the Museum I came across these PANTONE mugs in the little gift shop.  I have always liked the simple design and bright colors of these mugs so I had to pick one up.  I went with color 563 because it is very close to one of my favorite Spring/Summer nail polish colors, For Audrey by China Glaze.

(From my Instagram)

As I mentioned in one of my recent Exploring posts I finally tried the highly recommended Long's Bakery and instantly fell in love.  Anyone who knows me knows how much I love finding new places with delicious baked goods.  And who could argue against a fresh warm doughnut on a brisk Summer morning?


Along with tasty treats I also love when I find make-up that works for me.  While I adore lipsticks I tend to have a hard time finding shades that work well on me.  Many times I go out with a color in mind but once I try it on I find myself disappointed.  Last time I went to Sephora I had the idea of a nice Spring coral color in mind, so imagine my surprise when I end up leaving with a dusty rose color.  Dolce Vita by Nars is maybe one shade off from my natural lip color but it adds a slight pink color while remaining a fantastic neutral.


The last thing I have to mention is something I have had for a while but only really started using it regularly this past week.  After Katherine did her April Favorites post I realized that I too never wrote about MY canvas tote (thanks Katherine!).  I bought it in January, so that was after I ended my last blog but before I really started this one.  I found it on a little website called Alphabet Bags around the holidays and knew I needed to have it.  It has become my go-to light, casual, Spring bag.  With how many fairs and farmers markets I hope to go to I know I will get plenty of use out of this guy.  Also, you should totally check out this site.  If I had endless money I would just buy every canvas tote.  I use them all the time so I don't think there is such thing as too many totes.


1 comment:

  1. I love that we both have canvas totes and Nars lipsticks this month! YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete