Saturday, June 14, 2014

exploring: greenwood farmer's market



This morning the weather was perfect: sunny but not hot and just a bit breezy.  I decided to take this opportunity to get back to exploring the local area.  Back in PA, one of my favorite things to do on a nice Saturday morning was to go into town for the local Farmer's Market so today felt like a great day to do that near my new home.


There are quite a few markets near by but I decided to venture into Greenwood since I go through it a lot and am pretty familiar with.  This market was larger than the one I was used to but not so much that it felt overwhelming.  There was a fantastic variety of foods and goods from standard produce, to meats, to crafts, to flowers.  I had gone with the intention of picking up some flowers for our table but ended up getting distracted with all of the food.


The people were all so nice and friendly.  It was obvious how proud everyone was of what they had to sell. I ended up leaving with a jar of Very Berry jam, a fresh loaf of bread, and a zucchini.  Next time I will go with a recipe or two in mind so I have a better idea of what to get, but I know I am going to enjoy these wonderful foods and I know I will be going back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment